A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Pleasure Toy for Your Needs
Sex toys are becoming an increasingly popular way to enhance pleasure and exploring one's sexuality. With a wide array of options available, choosing the right sex toy can be overwhelming!
This guide aims to provide a comprehensive overview to help you select the best sex toy for your individual preferences and needs. We will cover personal considerations, manufacture materials, types of vibrators and privacy considerations so you make an informed choice.
- Comfort and Size: When selecting a sex toy, consider your comfort level and size preferences. Ensure it is an appropriate size for your body and opt for a toy that feels comfortable when held and inserted. Some individuals might prefer smaller, discreet toys, while others may enjoy larger ones. People with physical limitations or arthritis may be better suited to hands-free options.
- Sensitivity and Stimulation: Take into account your level of sensitivity and the type of stimulation you enjoy. Some may prefer gentle vibrations, while others may require more intense sensations. Choosing a toy with adjustable settings can cater to varying preferences and ensure a tailored experience.
- Solo or Partner Use: Consider whether you intend to use the sex toy alone or with a partner. Some toys are designed for solo pleasure, while others are ideal for shared experiences. Versatile toys that accommodate both scenarios might be the best option if you are seeking flexibility.
- Purpose and Functionality: Define the purpose of the sex toy you desire. Whether it's for external clitoral stimulation, internal G-spot targeting, anal play, or a combination of sensations, understanding your objectives will narrow down your choices.
Materials Used in Sex Toys
- Silicone: Silicone is a popular material due to its non-porous nature, which makes it hypoallergenic and easy to clean. It has a soft, smooth texture and is often used for high-quality vibrators and dildos. Ensure you purchase a body-safe silicone toy, as lower-quality materials may contain harmful additives.
- ABS Plastic: ABS plastic is another safe material used in sex toys, often for the external casing or handle. It is non-porous and easy to clean. Look for toys labeled as "phthalate-free" to ensure they do not contain harmful chemicals.
- TPE/TPR: Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) and Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) are softer materials that can mimic the texture of human skin. While they are body-safe and affordable, they are more porous than silicone, requiring thorough cleaning and replacement over time.
- Glass: Glass sex toys are smooth, rigid, and non-porous. They can be heated or cooled for sensory play and are compatible with all lubricants. High-quality borosilicate glass is shatter-resistant and safe for internal use.
- Metal: Metal toys, typically made from stainless steel or aluminum, are non-porous, body-safe, and easy to clean. They often have a luxurious weight and feel, making them suitable for temperature play.
- Jelly and Rubber: Avoid sex toys made from jelly or rubber materials, as they are porous, difficult to clean, and may contain harmful chemicals. These materials are less safe and can cause allergic reactions.
Always ensure the materials used in the sex toy are of high quality and body-safe. Invest in reputable brands and read reviews to make informed decisions.
Types of Vibrators and Their Attributes
Bullet vibrators are small, discreet toys designed for targeted stimulation. They are ideal for beginners and are travel-friendly. Look for ones with multiple vibration speeds and patterns for versatility.
Wand vibrators are powerful and larger devices designed for external use, particularly clitoral stimulation. They offer broad and intense sensations, making them popular for both solo and partner play.
G-spot vibrators have a curved shape to target the G-spot, a sensitive area inside the vagina. They may also feature clitoral stimulators for added pleasure.
Combination vibrators are dual-stimulation toys, typically featuring a shaft for internal use and a smaller arm to stimulate the clitoris simultaneously. They are sometimes called inside-out, dual or or rabbit vibrators. Combination vibes are perfect for those seeking blended orgasms.
Couples vibrators are worn during intercourse to provide additional stimulation to both partners. They come in various designs, including C-shaped and U-shaped devices which are usually fairly flexible.
Prostate massagers are designed for anal stimulation and are shaped to target the prostate gland in male-bodied individuals. They offer unique sensations and can lead to intense orgasms.
- Quite Mode: If you want to keep your pleasuring yourself private (being a considerate housemate), choose a vibrator which has a quite motor. These will often be listed as being "whisper-quiet".
- Travel Lock: If you plan on packing your vibrator, it may be worth considering one with a lock so it it can't accidentally be turned on in your handbag or luggage.
- Discreet Design: Many vibrators have a discreet design and look like a lipstick, a egg or a stylish necklace.
- Discreet Packaging and Shipping: Choose a reputable retailer that offers discreet packaging and shipping to ensure your privacy. Look for options that don't reveal the contents of the package on the exterior.
Choosing the best sex toy for your needs requires some consideration of personal preferences. In our curated range of pleasure products are from reputable brands and we prioritise body-safe materials. We provide detailed descriptions on all products so take your time research various options and experiment with what brings you the most pleasure. Happy exploring!